You are likely a busy woman – trying to balance family – work – ministry. Some days you need a simple and quick recipe that supports your health and weight loss goals – but doesn’t require too much prep and can actually stretch your budget. Watch the show to gain some insights to how to include beans in your diet and diminish the “side effects”.
Bonus Tip: The video shares a lifestyle technique that can help boost your metabolism and decrease your appetite. Watch to the end to learn what it is!
Almost Homemade Crockpot Chili
- 4 pre-cooked Angus patties (Costco) or 1 pound browned grass fed ground beef
- 16 oz. can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 – finely chopped white or yellow onion
- 2 – 16 ounce cans kidney beans with liquid
- 1 – 16 ounce can white beans with liquid
- 1 – 16 ounce can black beans with liquid
- 1-2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin and or chili powder
- Dry herbs such as cilantro or herbs de Provence
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Place all beans in a crockpot initially on high setting. Add crumbled beef, chopped onions, and garlic. Stir well. Add cumin and or chili powder one teaspoon first – then taste – and add more if you prefer a stronger flavor. Simmer on high for at least one hour and then turn to medium setting for up to 3 hours and then low until you serve.
- Red pepper flakes
- Grated sharp cheddar
- Chopped ScallionsServes: 8 – Approx: 290 calories, 61g carbs, 21g protein, 10g fat
Enzymedica Bean Assist is the supplement we mention to help with digesting beans.