Most pumpkin desserts are full of sugar and other additives, but not our healthy pumpkin pie custard. It tastes just like pumpkin pie and is totally guilt free. Using only 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup – with a bump of sweetness from monk fruit extract, this delicious treat has only about 150 calories per serving.
- 15 Ounces canned pumpkin
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream or coconut cream for dairy free
- 4 Eggs beaten
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Monk Fruit Pure Extract
- Avocado oil spray – only necessary if you don’t want to serve in ramekin
- Optional: dollop of fresh whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Optional: Spray 6 ramekins with Avocado oil spray if you don’t want to serve in the ramekins
- In a large bowl combine all remaining ingredients.
- Whisk thoroughly
- Place ramekins in baking pan and pour water in pan until it measures about 1/2 way up the sides of the ramekins
- Pour pumpkin mixture evenly into ramekins.
- Carefully transfer pan with ramekins to the lower rack of the oven
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely to touch then remove ramekins from water bath and fully cool at room temperature. Once cooled, transfer to the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Best served cold.
- Serve directly from ramekin with optional whipped cream topping or use a knife to loosen sides of custard, invert onto a plate and serve free standing with optional whipped cream topping.
Per serving: 153 calories, 8g fat, 5g protein, 12g carb, 8g sugar
This custard is so healthy and easy to make you will want to use it all year round. We even have eaten it as part of our breakfast.
To make the chocolate option of this custard, simply omit the pumpkin pie spice and add 1/4 cup of dark cocoa powder. We love this brand of cocoa powder because it is so deep, rich and chocolaty Organic Cocoa Dutch Process
EAT LIVE THRIVE ACADEMY
Health & Weight-Loss Coaching & Support
Jenni, Debi & Sandi have sustained weight loss!
Here’s what members are saying about
Eat Live Thrive Academy
“Our Eat Live Thrive coaches, Danna & Robyn rock! The Academy provides a very personal experience for all our life struggles…weight, health, menopause, and even sometimes beauty advice! It feels like we’re just a bunch of girlfriends going through all of this together!”
“The Eat Live Thrive Academy gives me the coaching and encouragement I need to be my healthiest self and the accountability to stick with my good choices.”
“The Eat Live Thrive Academy has provided me with the tools, resources, account- ability and support I need to make healthy changes in my life.”
“I’ve lost over 24 pounds with the Eat Live Thrive Diet. For me, the Academy is my one-stop shop with a wide variety of support ranging from diet and exercise to supplements, skincare and even some fashion advice on occasion!”
“The Academy has brought me out of my isolation and feeling like no one cares. Danna and Robyn do care and provide excellent resources, support, encouragement and accountability for me to be to best me I can be through healthy life-style choices.”