This egg dish is easy to make, full of fiber, low carb and approved on all three levels of our Eat Live Thrive Diet. It will fill you up and keep your blood sugar stable for hours.
You can pre-order our new book via any of these online retailer links below. However, if you join our Eat Live Thrive Academy for only $7.95 per month (info below), you will receive an immediate uncorrected advanced reader copy as part of your membership.
EGGY BRUNCH BAKE
With Three International Seasoning Options
- 8 large eggs, whisked
- 1 1/3 cups red or sweet potato, shredded
- 1 medium Vidalia or sweet onion
- 2 1⁄2 cups spaghetti squash, halved and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons dried herbs (see international options below)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound browned and drained ground meat of your choice
- Herbs de Provence
- Ground turkey
- Optional cheese garnish: Gruyere cheese
- Italian herb Blend
- Ground Italian chicken or turkey sausage
- Optional cheese garnish: Mozzarella or Parmesan cheese
- Cilantro (dry or fresh)
- Small can diced green chilies
- Ground turkey or turkey sausage
- Optional cheese garnish: Cheddar or Pepper Jack
Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
Cut your spaghetti squash in half width-wise. Spoon out the seeds and discard.
Cook spaghetti squash one of three ways:
1. Place cut side down on a cookie sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 35-40 minutes until soft to touch.
2. Cook in microwave on high for about ten minutes
3. Cook in Instant Pot 15 minutes
While spaghetti squash cooks: Brown, then drain cooked ground meat and set aside.
Finely dice onions by hand or using a food processor.
Shred sweet potato by hand or with a food processor.
Add coconut oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat or use your Instant Pot as a skillet.
Add in your sweet potato and onions and cover to let cook down for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent sticking until potatoes are soft, mix in cooked ground meat. Then, remove from heat.
Place eggs into a large bowl and whisk together. Add dry seasoning and mix thoroughly.
After spaghetti squash has cooled from cooking, use a spoon to remove seeds. Then use a fork to pull apart strands and add them directly to your egg mixture.
Place your potato, onion and ground meat mixture in the bowl with your eggs and spaghetti squash. Mix together. Add some salt and pepper as need.
Grease an 8×8 baking dish or use parchment paper on the bottom to prevent sticking.
Pour your egg mixture in the dish.
Bake for about 25-30 minutes. Make sure it is cooked all the way through before you pull it out to rest. Test by pulling from the oven and poking at the middle part of the egg dish. It should bounce back and not be “jiggly”.
Adding Cheese? If yes, pull from oven last five minutes and put grated cheese over the top in the amount desired.
Let sit for 5+ minutes to cool. Cut, plate and enjoy!
Makes 6 Servings
Nutritional Info Per Serving: (without cheese) 306 calories, 15g carb, 23g protein, 16g fat
LaCretia experienced incredible success on the Eat Live Thrive Diet!
NEED HEALTH & WEIGHT LOSS SUPPORT specifically for women over 45?