- 1 Medium Cauliflower Riced or 1 pkg of Trader Joe’s Riced Cauliflower
- 1 Medium Shallots – Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Ghee or Grass-fed Butter
- 1 Cup Mushrooms (optional)
- 1 Can Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice
- 2-3 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1.5 Cups Cooked Chicken Breast (0ptional)
- Fresh Basil For Garnish
- Salt & Pepper to taste
In a skillet, melt 1 Tablespoon ghee or butter over medium heat add chopped shallots and saute until tender. Add mushrooms and sprinkle with salt & pepper and saute for another 2 minutes. Add cauliflower and sprinkle with more salt & pepper and cook until tender stirring frequently. While cauliflower is cooking mix sauce by combining coconut milk, lemon juice, 1.5 tsp of lemon zest, 1/4 tsp of salt & pepper & onion powder stir until all lumps are gone. ( or use leftover sauce from previous recipe). Once Cauliflower is tender, pour 1/2 the sauce into the skillet, stir and heat through. Add cooked chicken or other protein and serve.
Garnish with fresh lemon zest and/or chopped basil.
Save Reserved Lemon Cream sauce for another batch, can be frozen. We also use this sauce in our Creamy Lemon Chicken Over Zoodles.