An apple a day – really does – keep the doctor away! Nutritional science validates the health benefits of eating apples daily. The famous Women’s Health Study, which surveyed close to 40,000 women, reported that women eating an apple a day had a 13 to 22% decrease in cardiovascular risk – to name just one of the reasons you can improve your health with this simple and delicious practice.
Break outside the box and add some variety to your daily apple intake by trying this tasty treat that will satisfy you when everyone else is eating pies, cakes, and other fattening desserts. Great at breakfast – for a snack – or just when a craving hits and you want to stay on track with healthy eating.
APPLE WALNUT TREAT – Apple Pie Good!
- Your favorite apples – we love Pink Lady
- Raw Walnuts
- Coconut Oil
- Grass Fed Butter or Ghee
- Healthy Sweetener like Monk Fruit in the Raw, Stevia, or Treleafia
- Warm raw walnuts or pecans on a dry fry pan. Cook until warm and slightly toasty
- Add 1/2 tsp. each of butter and coconut oil into the pan
- Add apples as soon as melted and cook until warm
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- For extra sweetness – use Monk Fruit in the Raw or 1 tsp. organic raw honey
- Place mixture over plain greek yogurt which can be sweetened if desired with options noted above.
MENTIONED IN VIDEO:
We did discover that Chobani does have a whole milk plain yogurt – but many stores don’t carry it as it does not sell like the non-fat versions.