- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic (can use pre-chopped frozen)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herb blend such as Italian, Greek or Herb’s D’Provence
- 4-5 Japanese eggplant peeled and cubed
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium roma tomatoes diced
- 1-2 tbsp harissa or other chili paste depending on how spicy you like
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Spaghetti Squash
Riced Cauliflower instead of Spaghetti Squash
Saute onions and chopped garlic in olive oil over medium heat until slightly brown and caramelized about 8-10 minutes. Add in ground lamb, salt, pepper, granulated garlic and dried seasoning cook until completely browned. Add eggplant and mushrooms and sauce for another 2 minutes. Pour in chicken broth, reduce heat to medium low and cover for 10 minutes. Add tomatoes and the Harissa and reduce heat too low until ready to serve. (We like spicy so we used 2 Tablespoons Harissa) Add fresh herbs(reserve a small amount for garnish) just before serving, combine well, Serve over cooked spaghetti squash or cauliflower rice.
For Spaghetti Squash
Microwave method: Pierce with knife, cook on high for 6 minutes. Slice in 1/2, remove seeds, then continue to cook in microwave for 8-10 minutes depending on the size
Instant Pot: Pierce with knife, place whole in instant pot on rack with 1 cup of water. Pressure Cook 15 minutes. Manual Steam release. Cut open and allow to cool a bit before removing seeds.
Toss with a bit of salt and granulated garlic before topping with Moroccan Lamb.
For Cauliflower Rice:
Microwave method: Cook on high in microwave safer dish pre-riced cauliflower for 5-6 minutes
Stove Top: In a large sauté pan over Medium heat cook pre-riced cauliflower until tender.
Nutrition with 1 cup spaghetti squash: cal 418, carb 15 g, protein 22 g, fat 30g