Lean Healthy Ageless presents another healthy and delicious gluten free entrée for the busy woman. Mature women need to pay special attention to their carbohydrate content and add quality fats and other ingredients to promote healthier skin and a more robust metabolism.
Mediterranean Tuna Penne
- 1 12 oz. can albacore tuna packed in water
- 1 32 ounce stewed tomatoes – well chopped
- 1 yellow onion
- 1-2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2-3 Tablespoons Avocado oil
- 1 Small Jar Capers – about 3 Tablespoons
- 1 small can diced black olives
Serve Over Options:
Based On Eat Live Thrive Diet Protocol:
Elimination Phase Level 1,2 &3:
- Pastability 2 cans (Heart of Palm pasta)
- Kelp noodles 1 package (kelp noodles have no grains or carbs only 8 cal per serving any brand is good) Miracle noodles 2 packages are an option also
- Spaghetti Squash or Zoodles (zucchini noodles)
- 4 ounces brown rice penne pasta
- 4 ounces organic wheat pasta imported from Italy only.
Note portion size will be smaller with pasta option.
- Sauté onion in 2-3 tablespoons of avocado oil until turning golden brown
- Stir in garlic
- Flake tuna into small pieces with a knife or fork and add to sauté pan
- Add stewed tomatoes with all the liquid and chop up any large pieces of tomato
- Add black olives & capers and simmer.
Pastability is ideal with this dish because of the mediterrenean flavors. Just open the can drain and heat with tuna mixture.
Brown Rice Penne or Italian imported pasta: Bring water to boil and cook 6 ounces of pasta to al dente – slightly firm consistency. Drain and stir into tuna mixture.
Kelp Noodle Option:
Soak kelp noodles for 30 minutes in warm water with juice of a lemon and 1 Tablespoon of salt to soften. Rinse noodle with water then add to simmering tuna and tomato mixture. Allow to simmer in juices over medium low heat until noodles soften a little bit more if not all the way soft.
Pasta Option Approx: 397 calories, 42g carb, 23g protein, 13g fat,
Pastability Option Approx: 307 calories, 23 carb, 22 protein, 12g fat,
Kelp Noodle Option Approx: 300 calories, 20g carb, 22g protein, 12g fat