Who doesn’t love the smell of apples and cinnamon baking in the oven? Fall is a time that heightens our cravings for tasty comfort foods. However, those foods often come with a lot of calories, sugar and carbs. We’ve converted the traditional Apple Crisp into an Eat Live Thrive Diet approved recipe. Apples are naturally sweet, so we only needed to use very small amounts of Pure Maple Syrup and Monk Fruit Sweetener. If you want to reduce the carbs and natural sugars even more, you can swap out a couple cups of apples and replace them with some cubed zucchini and no one will even know the difference.
- 6 Medium apples peeled, chopped or sliced (sub 2 cups with cubed zucchini if desired)
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1.5 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp monk fruit sweetener (increase by 1/16 more at a time if more sweetness desired)
- 1/3 Cup softened butter (If you choose to melt, topping will be more of a spread than a crumble.)
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/4 Cup almond flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 – 1/4 Teaspoon monk fruit sweetener (or more to your taste preference)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Peel apples (Optional: Leave on skin if you are in a hurry and don’t mind the texture
Chop or slice 6 cups of apples and place in a large bowl. (Option: swap out 2 cups of peeled chopped zucchini for apple to lower carb/sugar)
To the apples add the rest of the filling ingredients. Mix to combine.
In a greased 9×9 pan, pour the apple mixture in and set aside
In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, monk fruit sweetener and stir until combined.
Add vanilla, maple syrup and butter to the mixture and “cut” it in using a pastry cutter or fork until in small pea size pieces. (If using fast method of melted butter, do the same, however you won’t get the pieces as much as a spreadable batter)
Cover or spread the topping over top of the apples.
Cover the apple crisp with foil and bake for approx. 50 minutes.
Pierce the apple with a fork and if it goes in easily you know they are cooked through.
- Remove foil and cook for another 15 minutes uncovered until your topping is crisp and golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container. The topping will get soft but you can crisp it up again in the oven or just warm it in the microwave for a soft topping. Still really yummy!
Nutrition: (Prepared Without Substitutions)
Per Serving Approx. Cal 237, Carbs 25g, Fiber 5 g, Fat 14g, Protein 4g
Stop Sugar Cravings Dead In Their Tracks!
CLICK HERE TO ORDER or LEARN MORE
Women are getting amazing results with our EAT LIVE THRIVE DIET .
We hope you read it and discover easy ways to bring your health and vitality to the next level.
The Eat Live Thrive Diet is a lifestyle plan to rev up your midlife metabolism and jumpstart your weight loss.
Create a sustainable lifestyle eating plan that you can truly enjoy.
If you are a woman that wants more support through this Lifestyle Plan, consider joining the Eat Live Thrive Academy and allow us to coach you to victory!
LEARN MORE: www.EatLiveThriveAcademy.com